2011 Annual Sunday School Talent Show and Competitions Results
The Northeast American Diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church Sunday School
Talent Show and Competitions were held on on October 22nd , 2011 at Sts. Baselios & Gregorios Orthodox Church - 17 Seminary Place New Brunswick, NJ.
Program started with prayer. Diocesan Metropolitan His Grace Zachariah Mar Nicholovos inaugurated the Talent Show by lighting the lamp. Sunday School Director Rev. Fr. Dr. Raju Varghese led the function. Mrs. Kiran Prakash welcomed the gathering. Mr. Thomas Mathai & Mr. Mathai Chacko served as coordinators for the program. More than 750 faithful, Many of the Priests, Sunday school officials, and church officials attended the event.
For the Talent competitions St. Mary's Orthodox Church - 66 E. Maple Avenue Suffern, NY won the overall ever rolling St. Gregorios Memorial trophy for highest points (Church Level) and Sarah Pothen of St. Mary's Orthodox Church - 66 E. Maple Avenue Suffern, NY won the individual trophy for most points (Very. Rev. Thomas P Mundukuzhy Memorial Trophy).
Sunday School Association congratulated the Sunday Schools at Sts. Baselios & Gregorios Orthodox Church - 17 Seminary Place New Brunswick, NJ (2011 host Church) and St. Thomas Indian Orthodox Church - 1009 Unruh Avenue Philadelphia, PA (2010 Host Church) for their hard work and dedication for the success of the Talent Show and Competitions. Plaques in appreciation was received by Rev. Fr. Dr. Mathew C. Chacko and Rev. Fr. Gheevarghese John vicars of the respective churches.
His Grace Dr. Thomas Mar Makarios memorial cash awards were given to the first and second Rank holders of the 2011 centralized Examinations. St. Gregorios Orthodox Church - 987 Elmont Road Valley Stream, NY, St. Stephen's Orthodox Church - 80-45 Winchester Blvd Queens Village, NY 11427 and St. Mary's Orthodox Church - 66 E. Maple Avenue Suffern, NY sponsored these awards. Following Students won the awards.
For 5th Grade
- 1st Rank: Jenny John - St. Mary's, White Plains
- 1st Rank: Shishira Philip - St. Thomas, Unruh Ave., PA
- 2nd Rank: Abel Ninan - St. Gregorios, Queens
- 2nd Rank: Christa George - St. Mary's, Rockland.
For 8th Grade
- 1st Rank: Mathew Alexander - St. Gregorios, DC
- 2nd Rank: Annette Kuruvilla - St. Mary's, Bronx
For 10th Grade
- 1st Rank: Marina Mathew - St. John's, Delaware Valley
- 1st Rank: Reshma George - St. Thomas, Mascher St, PA
- 2nd Rank: Sharon Shaji - St. Gregorios, New Hyde Park
- 2nd Rank: Tiffany Oommen - St. Gregorios Queens, Elmont
For 12th Grade
- 1st Rank: Christal Kuriakose - St. Mary's, Rockland
- 2nd Rank: Minnu Suresh - St. Thomas, DC
- 2nd Rank: Jocelyn Philip - St. George, SI
For TTC - Centralized Examination
- 1st Rank: Bindu Alexander - St. Gregorios, DC
- 2nd Rank: Jolly John - St. Thomas, Canada
Mr. Mathew Samuel (PA & DC Region Coordinator) delivered the vote of thanks.
The Sunday School Children from New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Washington, Connecticut, Boston and Canada areas presented very outstanding programs at the Talent Show.
The Northeast American Diocese accepts news releases and articles. The suggested length is 400 words, but submissions of
any length will be considered. Submissions may be sent via email email@example.com.
Please note that e-mailed articles should be pasted or typed into the body of the message; please do not send attachments.
We read all submissions promptly and will contact you within three business days if we are going to publish your article.
If you have not heard from us within three business days, please assume that we will not be able to publish your article.