2013 Diocesan MGOCSM Thanksgiving Conference on Saturday, November 30, 2013
RACISM, BULLYING, ADDICTION, MUSIC/MEDIA, SUICIDE, EUTHANASIA, ABORTION, GAY RIGHTS...
Every day we are bombarded with ongoing contemporary issues of this world, but where do we stand as Orthodox Christians?
The MGOCSM of the Northeast American Diocese welcomes you to Thanksgiving Conference 2013 so that you can learn about all that and more.
The theme of this year's Thanksgiving Conference is "Holy Conversations: The Church's Response to Contemporary Issues", based on the theme verse from
St. Matthew 10:16, "Behold I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves." His Grace Zachariah Mar Nicholovos,
Diocesan Metropolitan, will be in attendance, and the keynote speaker will be Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick (author/speaker).
Click here to view flyer.
If you need help with rides please contact your local Council Member ASAP:
- Toronto/Montreal - Mr. Manoj John
- Bronx/Westchester/Boston - Mr. Anish Geevarghese
- Brooklyn/Queens/Long Island - Mr. Bob B. Vee
- Staten Island/Central Jersey - Mr. Alex G. Abraham
- North Jersey/Rockland - Mr. Shelvin Philipose Varghese
- Philadelphia - Ms. Alexis Mathew
- DC/MD/VA/NC - Mr. Ajesh John
- Date:Saturday, November 30th, 2013
- Time:9:00AM - 4:00PM
- Location:St. John's Indian Orthodox Church of Delaware Valley (4400 State Rd, Drexel Hill, PA 19026)
- Theme:Holy Conversations: The Church's Response to Contemporary Issues
- Theme Verse:"Behold I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves." - St. Matthew 10:16
- Topics Covered:Racism, Bullying, Addiction, Music/Media, Suicide, Euthanasia, Abortion, Gay Rights, etc.
- Keynote Speaker:Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick (Antiochian Orthodox Church)
- Registration Fee:$10
The Northeast American Diocese accepts news releases and articles. The suggested length is 400 words, but submissions of
any length will be considered. Submissions may be sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that e-mailed articles should be pasted or typed into the body of the message; please do not send attachments.
We read all submissions promptly and will contact you within three business days if we are going to publish your article.
If you have not heard from us within three business days, please assume that we will not be able to publish your article.