7 New Hierarchs for the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church
On May 12, 2010, the Malankara Church consecrated seven new Metropolitans for the Apostolic See of St. Thomas.
His Holiness Moran Mar Baselios Marthomas Didymus I, assisted by His Beatitude Paulose Mar Milithios and other Metropolitans, consecrated the seven Rambans (monks) to the exalted Episcopacy. This is a historical moment for the His Holiness Catholicos Didymus I, as he is the first ruling Catholicos to consecrate the most number of Metropolitans.
The seven monks were consecrated with the following names:
- Rev. Fr. Dr. Yuhanon Remban (Fr. Dr. John Mathews) - Metropolitan Dr. Yuhanon Mar Demetrius
- Rev. Fr. Dr. Nathanial Remban - Metropolitan Dr. Yuhanon Mar Thevodoros
- Rev. Fr. Yakob Remban (Rev. Fr. V. M. James) - Metropolitan Yakob Mar Elias
- Rev. Fr. Yuhanon Remban - Metropolitan Joshua Mar Nicodemus
- Rev. Fr. Dr. Zachariah Remban (Rev. Fr. Dr. Sabu Kuriakose) - Metropolitan Dr. Zachariah Mar Ephrem
- Rev. Fr. Dr. Geevarghese Remban (Rev. Fr. Dr. George Pulikkottil) - Metropolitan Dr. Geevarghese Mar Julios
- Rev. Fr. Dr. Abraham Remban (Rev. Fr. Dr. V. M. Abraham) - Metropolitan Dr. Abraham Mar Seraphim
The Metropolitans, Clergy and faithful of the Northeast American Diocese, offers their sincere prayers and best wishes to the newly consecrated Hierarchs. May they be filled with wisdom, grace, strength and all of God's choicest blessings as they shepherd the Holy Church as faithful Arch-Shepherds.
The Northeast American Diocese accepts news releases and articles. The suggested length is 400 words, but submissions of
any length will be considered. Submissions may be sent via email email@example.com.
Please note that e-mailed articles should be pasted or typed into the body of the message; please do not send attachments.
We read all submissions promptly and will contact you within three business days if we are going to publish your article.
If you have not heard from us within three business days, please assume that we will not be able to publish your article.