2014 Passion Week Schedule of Diocesan Metropolitan
His Grace Zachariah Mar Nicholovos, our Diocesan Metropolitan, will be celebrating Palm Sunday at St. Basil's Orthodox Church - 17 Randolph Avenue Franklin Square, NY 11010 and Passion Week & the Feast of Kymtho at St. Gregorios Orthodox Church - 2337 Fairland Road Silver Spring, MD 20904.We invite everybody to join us and receive blessings.
Please see the schedule below:
Palm Sunday, April 13
- 8:00 AM - Matins, 3rd hour, 6th hour, Blessing of the Palm Leaves, followed by Divine Liturgy (Holy Qurbano)
Holy Tuesday, April 15
- 6:30 PM - Vespers & Compline, followed by Devotional Address
Holy Wednesday, April 16 (Pesaho)
- 6:30 PM - Vespers & Compline, followed by Divine Liturgy (Holy Qurbano)
Holy Thursday, April 17
- 5:30 PM - Rite of Feet Washing by His Grace Zachariah Mar Nicholovos, Metropolitan
- 6:30 PM - Vespers & Compline
Good Friday, April 18
- 8:30 AM - Matins, 3rd, 6th, & 9th Hours, followed by Adoration of the Cross
Holy Saturday, April 19
- 10:00 AM - Matins, 3rd, 6th, & 9th Hours, followed by Divine Liturgy (Holy Qurbano)
Kymtho, April 20
- 7:30 AM - Nocturns, followed by Kymtho Service, Matins, 3rd, & 6th Hours
- 9:00 AM - Divine Liturgy (Holy Qurbano)
Holy Week, Lent
The Northeast American Diocese accepts news releases and articles. The suggested length is 400 words, but submissions of
any length will be considered. Submissions may be sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that e-mailed articles should be pasted or typed into the body of the message; please do not send attachments.
We read all submissions promptly and will contact you within three business days if we are going to publish your article.
If you have not heard from us within three business days, please assume that we will not be able to publish your article.